Symptoms Of Stress
Do YOU Experience Any Of These
Signs Of Stress?
Why is it important to recognise the symptoms of stress?
This website is about increasing our experience of happiness. But
is a major inhibitor to feeling happy. So dealing with stress is an important aspect of unlocking your happiness from within.
If stresses in the mind-body system are severe or are allowed to remain in the physiology for too long, they can lead to chronic unhappiness and even to serious illness.
This is why in modern times the word 'stress' has tended to have negative or undesirable connotations attached to it.
Stress is known to be a major health risk of the 21st century. And this is why it is advisable to know what the symptoms of stress are, so that if you experience any of these you can take appropriate action aimed at effective stress relief.
The signs of stress
The symptoms of stress are not limited to the obvious feelings of muscular tension, fatigue or depression, or that well-known 'stressed-out' feeling.
There are indeed a wide variety of signs of stress, some of which we might not necessarily associate with stress unless one knows about them.
To help you know what to look for, here's a list of the most common of these stress symptoms.
- Feelng irritable or edgy, or getting angry quickly
- A negative attitude to life in general
- Reduced mental focus and ability to concentrate
- Waking up in the early hours and not falling asleep again
- Generally not having a good night's sleep
- Inability to relax, perhaps accompanied by feelings of agitation
- Moodiness, depression, worry or anxiety
- Feeling lonely or withdrawn from society
- Feeling incapacitated or inadequate under pressure
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Procrastination and letting things 'slide'
- Nail biting and other nervous habits
- Relying on cigarettes, alcohol or medication to relax
- Musclular aches, pains, stiffness or tension
- Aches or pains around the neck, shoulders or back areas
- An increase or decrease in bodyweight
- Overeating and obesity
- Skipping meals or eating less
- Tummy problems such as nausea, diarrhea or constipation
- More frequent illness (including colds, flu, etc.) due to a compromised immune system
- Irregular heart rate
- Heart problems
- Skin problems such as eczema
- Reduced sex drive
These symptoms may have other causes too!
If you experience any of these symptoms it could be a sign that you are suffering from stress. However, these symptoms may sometimes be due to causes other than stress.
It would therefore be wise to consult a medical doctor for a thorough assessment to determine the causes of your symptoms and to be guided into taking the appropriate action or obtaining any necessary treatment.
from Symptoms Of Stress to
To top of page
Related pages in this theme of Stress
All the themes on this website