With My Own Comments On Each
Here are some happiness quotes I’ve collected. Some of these quotes on happiness resonate absolutely with me; with others, however, I find I am shaking my head when I read them. Where a particular happiness quote calls me to comment – in agreement or otherwise – I have added my own thoughts beneath the original quote.
There is clearly a wide variety of meanings and aspects to the word happiness, and these are reflected in the thoughts of those who tend to quote happiness in their various writings or speeches. Each person who quotes happiness in their writings or speeches naturally does so from his or her own unique perspective, their insights and their personal experiences through their life. The degree or intensity of happiness experienced by different people obviously varies too.
The quotes on happiness included here, and on the pages that follow, do not represent an exhaustive list. For example, the list does not include many of the wise-crack quips from celebrities or the cynical comments made by some famous authors or playwrights.
I’ve included over a dozen pages of quotes and comments. Enjoy!
Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.
Comment: I couldn’t agree more with this quote. Aristotle hits the nail of the head as far as I’m concerned.
If you want to be happy, be.
Comment: Again, I agree totally. But how does one ‘be’? Just what does that mean? To me it means allowing the active mind to experience progressively less excited states of functioning, where thinking settles down to the point where thoughts have faded into non-existence and one is left in a state of pure consciousness, self-awareness, a state of ‘being’. From that ‘place’, one not only experiences bliss, but by the mere process of dipping into that state consciously, using a process I call Conscious Mental Rest, one finds that some of that bliss-essence comes to be unlocked and lived in one’s daily life. Regular experience of Conscious Mental Rest in this way brings about a progressive increase in one’s own level of daily happiness.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
Expansion of happiness is the purpose of life, and evolution is the process by which it is fulfilled. Life begins in a natural way, it evolves, and happiness expands. The expansion of happiness carries with it the growth of intelligence, power, creativity and everything that may be said to be of significance in life.
Comment: Again we see the same theme as in the quote of Aristotle, but here Maharishi takes it further, to reveal how the purpose of life is fulfilled, and the results of such expansion. And before the ‘creationists’ get all uppity at the word ‘evolution’, the next quote (page 2) uses the word ‘creation'.
Share Your Favourite Quotes on Happiness
from Page 1 to
Happiness Quotes Submitted By Visitors To This Site
To top of page
Related pages in this theme of Happiness Quotes
Happiness Quotes - With My Own Comments Included
2. Quotations From Albert Schweizer, Aristotle, Edith Wharton
3. Including From Anne Frank, Jesus Christ, Disraeli, Buddha
4. Franklin D Roosevelt, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi And Others
5. Includes Quotes From The Dalai Lama and Helen Keller
6. Includes Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi and Pearl S Buck
7. Happiness Quotations From Buddha
8. Includes Quotes From Albert Camus and Thomas Fuller
9. Happiness Quotations From Thomas Paine, Eric Hoffer, et al
10. Quotes From Thomas Jefferson, Albert Camus And Others
11. Ralph Waldo Emerson, Democritus, Picasso, Aristotle And Others
12. C P Snow, Mother Teresa, Buddha, Aristotle, Jseus Christ, Galileo
13. Includes Quotes From Albert Einstein and Henry Miller
14. Submit Your Favourite Happiness Quotation
15. Quotes About Happiness Submitted By Site Visitors
All the themes on this website, with links to their related pages