Freeware Anti Spam - Why Bother?
by Gavin, Unlock Your Happiness.com
(Cape Town, South Africa)
I have NO FREEWARE ANTI SPAM software installed. And I get NO SPAM mail in my IN box on my computer - EVER. I'm not a computer tekkie either, but I'm happy to use the solution I came up with that just makes common-sense to me, and because it works.
(This is a shorter version of my earlier post about spam mail stress, which tended to get a bit long.)Here's what I suggest
- Create a new and secret alias/e-mail address with your ISP. Do not share the new address with anyone.
- Have ALL your mail forwarded by your ISP to a Gmail account. (If you don't already have a Gmail account, register for one. It's free.)
- Let Gmail handle the spam filtering for you, on their servers, using the spam stats from their millions of users worldwide.
- Set up filters at Gmail so that Gmail forwards to your secret e-mail address only the mail you specifically want to be sent to your ISP IN box for downloading to your e-mail program (e.g. specific senders, or all non-spam mail except mail from your friends who send large files of slide shows, photos or videos ... or whatever criteria you choose).
If you're not sure how to do a particular aspect of what I have suggested above, feel free to click on the 'comments' link below to ask me to clarify. I don't have unlimited time available, but I will do my best to answer a specific question
, spelled out clearly so that I know what you mean.
Also, feel free to click on the other link below to offer your own spam solution
- which will appear on a separate Web page like this.
~ GavinClick here for
Table of Contents
For Visitors' Pages On This Topic